Only a very small amount of human DNA is human, meaning all animals and all living creatures on the Earth are also our ancestors. Even the space bacteria that started life on earth are our ancestors. All the animals that came before humans are our ancestors. Ancestors are also the humans of all ancient cultures who figured out how to survive as humans on the earth and then later on overcame that level, of being hunter-gatherers surviving to the level of developing complex human cultures once humans started to settle as farmers. All ancient humans are our ancestors as well as all ancient life. All of anyone’s line are the strongest lifeforms that overcome the struggle to survive long enough to reproduce. They represent the strength of uruz. They are the ones smart enough to have developed all human knowledge and culture we now have. All this is what it means to worship the ancestors, honoring that which they have given to us going back to the beginning of time from the space bacteria that formed life here to our direct family line to all that lays in between this. This heritage that the ancestors give us going all the way back to those space bacteria to what we have now, this is othala. Primal consciousness (fire) is fehu. The order of the runes represent the development and evolution of all life from the simplest to the most advanced. Life develops as a ladder taking steps higher and higher each laid down by those we came before.
Hail to the ancestors, the givers of prosperity, knowledge, culture, and the spiritual protectors of their offspring. Hail the Alfar and Disir!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Conflicts Within Heathenism
- Creating sacred space
- Folk Practices
- God/Goddess Invocations
- Intro to Heathenism
- Learning Heathenism
- Mystical Poetry
- Ritual Tools
- Spiritual Practices
- Thews (Virtues)
Top Posts & Pages
- Heathen Prayers
- Volmarr's daily spiritual rituals and practices
- Heathenism and Meditation..
- Daily Practices
- Volmarr's Heathen Freyfaxi Harvest Ritual August-2-2013
- Volmarr's Heathen Winter Nights (Oct) Ritual Outline Oct-2013
- About Heathenism
- Lessor Hallowing Ritual of the Hammer (LHRH)
- Odin's Wisdom
- The Prevalence of Christian-tru in Heathenism
- The historical way to establish sacred space for a ritual
- Os (Ansuz), the Heathen rune of connecting to God (Odin) as word is the same as Om (AUM), the...
- Heathen Ancestor Worship
- Heathenism is the Spiritual heritage of Germanic Based Language Speakers
- Norse God and Goddess Mantras
- Heathen Ancestor Worship
- Arguments in Favor of Universalist Heathenry
- Volmarr’s Heathen Winter Nights (Anytime from Oct-15 to...