Only a very small amount of human DNA is human, meaning all animals and all living creatures on the Earth are also our ancestors. Even the space bacteria that started life on earth are our ancestors. All the animals that came before humans are our ancestors. Ancestors are also the humans of all ancient cultures who figured out how to survive as humans on the earth and then later on overcame that level, of being hunter-gatherers surviving to the level of developing complex human cultures once humans started to settle as farmers. All ancient humans are our ancestors as well as all ancient life. All of anyone’s line are the strongest lifeforms that overcome the struggle to survive long enough to reproduce. They represent the strength of uruz. They are the ones smart enough to have developed all human knowledge and culture we now have. All this is what it means to worship the ancestors, honoring that which they have given to us going back to the beginning of time from the space bacteria that formed life here to our direct family line to all that lays in between this. This heritage that the ancestors give us going all the way back to those space bacteria to what we have now, this is othala. Primal consciousness (fire) is fehu. The order of the runes represent the development and evolution of all life from the simplest to the most advanced. Life develops as a ladder taking steps higher and higher each laid down by those we came before.
Hail to the ancestors, the givers of prosperity, knowledge, culture, and the spiritual protectors of their offspring. Hail the Alfar and Disir!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Top Posts & Pages
- Heathen Ancestor Worship
- Arguments in Favor of Universalist Heathenry
- Volmarr’s Heathen Winter Nights (Anytime from Oct-15 to...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Freyfaxi Harvest Ritual...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 Vanatru...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 Asatru...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 General...
- The Three Major Approaches to Neo-Paganism
- Heathen Spiritual Warrior
- The Indo-European Trinity and How it Relates to Heathenism