The gods and goddesses live in a state of consciousness that is outside of our concept of time. Our own consciousness can move between the everyday conventional Midgard Earth human state of consciousness and a more divine god/goddess level state of consciousness. Trance states are states in which our consciousness level moves up into a more spiritual state of awareness. The further we move up in the trance state the more our awareness moves further out of the limits of time/space during the duration of the trance state. Since we have physical bodies through we eventually have to ground and return to a conventional time/space bound consciousness. When we return to regular consciousness we can sometimes take back some measure of the experience we had while in a trance state, though our thinking once more is limited by our concept of time/space while in a regular state of consciousness. While in a trance our thinking processes can move very far out of time/space concepts. There is different levels of trance state. In theory it is possible to trance all the way to a state of unity with all of existence and some people do experience such trances in moments. When we do divination such as runic readings or oracular seidr we are moving our consciousness outside of the constraints of time/space through some measure of trance, as much so as our skills allow us to.
Also it seems that it is popular (in old times) to raise the dead to gain knowledge from them since the dead have no living body and thus the consciousness of the dead exists outside of the bounds of time/space. Thus the dead have access to a greater level of knowledge than us living do.
Tags: Asatro, Asatru, Asenglaube, Asentreue, Asetro, Þéodisc Geléafa, consciousness, Forn Sed, Forn Sidr, Germanic Neopaganism, haiþi, hæðen, Heathen, Heathenism, Heathenry, Hedensk Sed, Heiðinn siðr, Heiðinn Siður, Irminism, Irminsweg, metaphysics, Nordisk Sed, Norse, Norse Paganism, Northern Tradition Paganism, Odinism, Pagan, Paganism, religion, space, spiritual, spirituality, Theodish, Theodism, time, time/space, time/space consciousness, trance, trance state, Vanatru, Viking, Viking religion, Vikings, Waincraft
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Top Posts & Pages
- About Heathenism
- Volmarr's Heathen Thorrablot Ritual Jan-2013 Do on first Friday after Jan-19th or on full moon of Jan
- The Vanic Virtues:
- Video on Idunn, Eir, and other goddesses....
- Heathenism and Meditation..
- Heathen Prayers
- Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs
- The trinity of Heathenism, the two distinct sides of Asatru and the part of Heathenism that differs from Asatru
- Recommended Post: Cleansing of Negative Energies on Old Objects
- Heathen Ancestor Worship
- Arguments in Favor of Universalist Heathenry
- Volmarr’s Heathen Winter Nights (Anytime from Oct-15 to...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Freyfaxi Harvest Ritual...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 Vanatru...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 Asatru...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 General...
- The Three Major Approaches to Neo-Paganism
- Heathen Spiritual Warrior
- The Indo-European Trinity and How it Relates to Heathenism