How to avoid group failed oaths effecting the group’s orlog (luck, karma)
It is thought that in group made oaths that if the person making the oath does not accomplish what they have oathed to do that the negative impact of this shall effect all people that were at that ritual group at that moment; and yes this is what does happen by default. Yet also it is possible to make this not be so. The way around this is for the one making the oath to redirect the results of the oath to only effect them. Thus after they have made their oath they need only say something of this nature:
“May all effects from this oath, good or bad, be only mine.”
If the person making the oath says this after making the oath then if they don’t accomplish what they have oathed to do the bad orlog (luck, karma) from a failed oath will only effect them, not any other people present.
Tags: Asatro, Asatru, Asenglaube, Asentreue, Asetro, Þéodisc Geléafa, Forn Sed, Forn Sidr, Germanic Neopaganism, group oaths, group rituals, haiþi, hæðen, Heathen, Heathenism, Heathenry, Hedensk Sed, Heiðinn siðr, Heiðinn Siður, Irminism, Irminsweg, luck, Nordisk Sed, Norse, Norse Paganism, Northern Tradition Paganism, oath, oathing, oaths, Odinism, orlog, Pagan, Paganism, religion, spiritual, spirituality, sumbel, Theodish, Theodism, Vanatru, Viking, Vikings, Waincraft, wyrd
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Top Posts & Pages
- About Heathenism
- Volmarr's Heathen Thorrablot Ritual Jan-2013 Do on first Friday after Jan-19th or on full moon of Jan
- The Vanic Virtues:
- Video on Idunn, Eir, and other goddesses....
- Heathenism and Meditation..
- Heathen Prayers
- Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs
- The trinity of Heathenism, the two distinct sides of Asatru and the part of Heathenism that differs from Asatru
- Recommended Post: Cleansing of Negative Energies on Old Objects
- Heathen Ancestor Worship
- Arguments in Favor of Universalist Heathenry
- Volmarr’s Heathen Winter Nights (Anytime from Oct-15 to...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Freyfaxi Harvest Ritual...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 Vanatru...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 Asatru...
- Volmarr’s Heathen Midsummer Ritual June-21-2013 General...
- The Three Major Approaches to Neo-Paganism
- Heathen Spiritual Warrior
- The Indo-European Trinity and How it Relates to Heathenism